Copyright © 2024, Philip Robinson. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part without prior permission of the creator

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Objectives Etc.

Whilst trying to find something last week I came across a crashed German plane I had started, when I cannot remember, long enough ago to mislay the decals for it anyway. I think it was for a display game that did not materialise at some point, though I could be wrong, I thought that it would be ideal for an objective marker in our Battlegroup games. Without further ado I set to and painted it, the decals I stole off another kit I have yet to make, as it will be for the Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War I do not need the Luftwaffe ones.


  I am also getting towards the end of re-basing my 20mm WWII collection, sprucing them up a tad along the way, on the list was a command base, on it was a Kubelwagen, I don't know the manufacturer as I got it way back in the late 1990's. It as always bugged me because I was never able to fit it together with any degree of squareness, it always looked like an insurance write off, ideal I thought for a crashed one as another objective marker.

We made the trip over to Nottingham the weekend to attend the new show Red On Blue In Nottingham AKA ROBIN, my sole purchase was this livestock pen from Warbases, I could not leave with nothing now could I? If Shell Hole Scenics had not been a no show I had planned to invest in some WWII Hungarians if I liked them, I could not really tell from the web site pics, coupled with the fact that there are no photos for most of the range (who says shows are no longer necessary), oh well it may have saved me a bob or two as the urge as gone now.


I think this will be ideal as a cow shed in 20mm games and a pig pen in 28mm games, could be an objective marker too of course.

Check out Tales From Rhanzlistan for details of Monday's game over at GHQ, and also True To The East to see the victorious Comrade Robinski.

Next game is here at OHQ on Monday when we will start our Battlegroup  Fall Of The Reich campaign proper.

TTFN

12 comments:

  1. Great pieces...particularly the plane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gordon, if one ever appeared in a game that's how mine would end up :~)

      Delete
  2. Love the plane ..nice paint job .not sure I'll ever get round to crashed planes in 28 mm 😀But you never know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt. I am sure if one turned up cheap you could not resist.

      Delete
  3. By gum, Phil, tha's been reet productive lad! Like the comment on the kublewagen, mine all look like that I often think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I think you just have a bit of Panzer IV syndrome there ;~)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful objectives, excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil. Just hope I can retain or take them in the forthcoming campaign.

      Delete
  5. Very very good. Love the plane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rodger. There is something about planes isn't there, must be all those Airfix kits when I was a lad, I have about a dozen still be made for our WWI, WWII & SCW games.

      Delete
  6. Nice plane, great crashed kublewagon!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain. With regard to the kubelwagen it was the best thing for it :~)

      Delete